Sr. Manager, Software Engineering
We are looking for a strong Sr. Manager, Software Engineering who exemplifies our core values and who can effectively manage a small team of software engineers and thrive in a fast-paced R&D work environment.
In this role you exhibit strong leadership and software architecting capabilities. You will provide direction to your team of internal and third-party resources by setting expectations for high performance and measuring results. You will show your strength through your strong architecture and design control experience as you provide guidance and assistance in code development. You will use your knowledge reading electrical schematics.
With the engineering team, you will define technical requirements and will lead the design and coding of embedded firmware as well as application software. You will maintain and support build system using version control, define or refine software requirements, define software architecture and manage the maintenance and enhancement of embedded software code and scripts. In addition, you will collaborate closely with internal counterparts (sales, marketing, project managers, and others) to ensure products meet or exceed quality, regulatory, and customer expectations. You be transparent in your regular project updates to senior leaders.
To be successful you will demonstrate strong technical knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- C/C++ for bare metal and embedded Linux, C#, and Python
- Product development from early-stage concept design through commercialization and field upgrades
- IEC 62304 Medical Device Software Life Cycle
- ISO 13485 Medical devices; Quality management systems (preferred)
- ARM processors, GCC toolchain, and Eclipse based IDE’s
- Hardware Bring-up – BSP and bootloader (U-boot) development
- Hardware/software interactions in real time embedded systems
- Linux kernel internals (process scheduling, memory management, IPC), networking protocols and file system
- Development and debugging of device drivers
- Deep understanding and history of development in control theory concepts including but not limited to PID control and frequency domain analysis
And, you will have strong leadership skills including:
- Creating a vision & strategy, mobilizing people, upholding integrity and respect, collaborating with stakeholders, achieving results, and promoting innovation
- Recruiting, developing, retaining, and leading and a team (10+ years’ experience as a Principal Software Engineer in lieu of management experience will be considered)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly convey ideas to at all levels of the organization
Sekisui offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
At Sekisui Diagnostics, we help improve patient outcomes by doing what we’ve always done – focusing on innovating and developing highly accurate diagnostics tests, reagents and systems. In recent years, social and consumer needs for medical care have been diversifying in line with dramatic transformations in the global medical environment. We will continue to embrace change and challenge new frontiers so that we can create unique, high-quality products and services that will leave our customers truly satisfied. With worldwide state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and an international sales and distribution network, we are a solid partner for healthcare professionals, distributors, and manufacturers around the world. Our global capabilities allow us to meet the specific needs of our wide range of customers – and customize solutions at both a regional and product level.
As an equal opportunity employer, Sekisui Diagnostics is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable country and local laws. It is also Sekisui Diagnostics policy to comply with all applicable country and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Sekisui Diagnostics is pleased to consider all qualified applicants for open roles and encourages candidates to apply online. Only those candidates who are selected for further consideration or interviews will be contacted by a member of the company’s internal recruiting team.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $160,000 – $190,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentives and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.