Senior Business Development Specialist
This position has responsibility for establishing new biologics contract manufacturing partnerships throughout Europe. Central to the role will be the ability to facilitate and acquire new business and close transactions. It will be an expectation to grow and maintain the opportunity sales funnel sales to achieve revenue growth. The candidate will have a high-level of technical and commercial sophistication.
About BioProduction by SEKISUI
BioProduction by SEKISUI is SEKISUI’s biopharmaceutical CDMO service offering. As part of Sekisui Diagnostics, our production site in the UK has been a leader in the manufacturing of high-quality enzymes and specialty biochemicals for the global healthcare market for over 40 years. We have worked with many global partners to supply high quality materials for a variety of applications, including enzymes for biotherapeutic manufacture, pharmaceutical production, diagnostic reagents, biosensors and medical devices.
- Develop and execute on sales plan with the objective to achieve annual sales targets through the closing of new business.
- Responsible for building and continued increase in the opportunity pipeline.
- Work closely with the R&D and project management to generate proposals and associated pricing, win new clients, and ensure customer satisfaction on the delivered services – acting as the driving force behind these activities.
- Identify, open, lead and close business development deals with new and existing clients.
- Promote company visibility, growth, and profitability through customer interactions and trade shows.
- Facilitates negotiation of customer contracts (MSA, SOW, CDAs, etc.).
- Deliver on ambitious sales targets.
- Participate in team projects.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behaviour with both internal/external business associates
- An experienced professional with solid understanding of the biopharmaceutical and CDMO industries.
- Works with key team members and functional heads to help deliver successful projects.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel on projects and to advance business objectives.
- Science Degree in relevant subject; MBA or other Master’s degree highly preferred.
- Experience in the biologic, pharmaceutical, or life science fields.
- CDMO/CMO Contract service background is strongly desired.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, through written and verbal communication.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to establish priorities and set goals.
- Proven ability to negotiate and navigate contracts (MSA, SOW, CDAs, etc.).
- Strong negotiation, analytical, and financial skills.
- Must have a personal commitment to success with a high level of integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated.
- Ability to travel up to 40%
Who we are:
At Sekisui Diagnostics, we help improve patient outcomes by doing what we’ve always done – focusing on innovating and developing highly accurate diagnostics tests, reagents and systems. In recent years, social and consumer needs for medical care have been diversifying in line with dramatic transformations in the global medical environment. We will continue to embrace change and challenge new frontiers so that we can create unique, high-quality products and services that will leave our customers truly satisfied. With worldwide state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and an international sales and distribution network, we are a solid partner for healthcare professionals, distributors, and manufacturers around the world. Our global capabilities allow us to meet the specific needs of our wide range of customers – and customize solutions at both a regional and product level.
Sekisui offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
As an equal opportunity employer, Sekisui Diagnostics is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions will be made without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable country and local laws. It is also Sekisui Diagnostics policy to comply with all applicable country and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Sekisui Diagnostics is pleased to consider all qualified applicants for open roles and encourages candidates to apply online. Only those candidates who are selected for further consideration or interviews will be contacted by a member of the company’s internal recruiting team.