QC Technician III
Sekisui Diagnostics is looking for a skilled QC Technician III, to join our Quality Control Team in Kent, UK.
You: As a QC Technician III you will have responsibility for testing and release of raw materials, in-process intermediates, and finished products to the required standard and strict timescales in order to support the business requirements.
- Testing of raw materials, in-process intermediates and finished products.
- Stability testing of products, as appropriate.
- Keeping accurate and detailed records of all laboratory work in accordance with company procedures.
- Writing of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), analytical methods, and other documentation.
- To assist in the training of other staff, as required.
- Involved in method transfer and method validation activities, as required.
- Ensuring that laboratory chemicals and consumables are stocked to prevent testing delays.
- Involvement in projects – method improvements, Kaizen, 5S, etc.
- Identifying improvements to practices used within the laboratory and to assist in their development.
- Ensuring that equipment, instruments and facilities within the laboratory are calibrated, and kept serviceable.
- Responsibility for good housekeeping and general cleanliness of all areas in which the post holder is working.
- Working with all members of staff to maintain and develop the positive culture within the laboratory.
- Ensure all QC working practices are in compliance with the requirements of EudraLex v. 4, where required
- Observing and complying with company Health and Safety Policies.
- Observing and complying with company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Additional duties, as assigned
Skills / Pre-requisites:
- Diligent and with a meticulous approach to all tasks, with a keen eye for detail
- Good IT skills e.g. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Credible and confident communicator (written and verbal) at all levels.
- Ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding environment, adhering to strict deadlines/timescales.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Good team player with a flexible approach.
- Good planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work proactively using own initiative.
- Hands on approach with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Committed to learning and development.
- Experience in Kaizen/Lean/Sigma an asset
Who we are:
At Sekisui Diagnostics, we help improve patient outcomes by doing what we’ve always done – focusing on innovating and developing highly accurate diagnostics tests, reagents and systems. In recent years, social and consumer needs for medical care have been diversifying in line with dramatic transformations in the global medical environment. We will continue to embrace change and challenge new frontiers so that we can create unique, high-quality products and services that will leave our customers truly satisfied. With worldwide state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and an international sales and distribution network, we are a solid partner for healthcare professionals, distributors, and manufacturers around the world. Our global capabilities allow us to meet the specific needs of our wide range of customers – and customize solutions at both a regional and product level.
Sekisui Diagnostics offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
Equal Opportunities: As an equal opportunity employer, Sekisui Diagnostics is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable country and local laws. It is also Sekisui Diagnostics policy to comply with all applicable country and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Sekisui Diagnostics is pleased to consider all qualified applicants for open roles and encourages candidates to apply online. Only those candidates who are selected for further consideration or interviews will be contacted by a member of the company’s internal recruiting team.