Maintenance Technician lV
Are you great at mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems on equipment used in a manufacturing process. Do you like to dismantle, adjust, repair and assemble equipment? If the answer is yes then apply now.
Performs preventative and/or corrective maintenance for all manufacturing and facility equipment according to their specification and procedures. Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process. Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment. Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts. Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required. Develops usage and maintenance documents to support new and existing equipment. Completes maintenance records in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices. Coordinates with vendors to ensure work is conducted in a timely and safe manner.
Will perform some or all of the following:
- Plan, schedule and perform preventative and/or corrective maintenance including troubleshooting for all manufacturing and facility equipment according to specification and procedures. Scope may include PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controller), electronic systems, instrumentation and controls
- Lead or assist in interpreting blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams and specifications in planning and performing maintenance and repairs
- Participate in authoring complex, detailed documentation for operation and maintenance of manufacturing systems
- Take lead role in installation of new equipment and processes involving existing manufacturing equipment
- Participate in analysis and trending of manufacturing processes to identify improvement opportunities for new and/or existing equipment and processes; supply information and technical data for securing spare parts for new and/or existing equipment
- Coordinate the work of outside vendors for electrical, refrigeration, plumbing and other contractors
- Review operation manuals, specification sheets and other documentation for new equipment to gain an understanding of operation and required preventative maintenance
- Assist in the creation of policies and procedures that support the operation of equipment; support the changeover, set-up, and training
- Maintain documentation of operation and maintenance of equipment and facility systems according to established quality document systems
- Participate in continuous improvement programs and make recommendations on the improvement of processes and policies
- Support Environmental Management System (EMS) activities and compliance per ISO14001
- Understand and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices
- Carry out duties in compliance with established business policies
- Additional duties, as assigned
Organizational Impact / Education / Experience:
Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues. Typically requires a university degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience. Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Post-secondary education in engineering or electromechanical technology
- Minimum of 5-years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing facility
- An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered
Skills / Pre-requisites:
- Previous experience in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) environment
- Experience maintaining a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- Hands-on with the proven ability to work alone or in a team environment
- A proactive and organized approach to managing workload
- Proficient on Microsoft Office
- Requires the ability to stand, walk, reach, and crouch for extended periods of time
- Lifting up-to 50 lbs. is required
Who we are:
At Sekisui Diagnostics, we help improve patient outcomes by doing what we’ve always done – focusing on innovating and developing highly accurate diagnostics tests, reagents and systems. In recent years, social and consumer needs for medical care have been diversifying in line with dramatic transformations in the global medical environment. We will continue to embrace change and challenge new frontiers so that we can create unique, high-quality products and services that will leave our customers truly satisfied. With worldwide state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and an international sales and distribution network, we are a solid partner for healthcare professionals, distributors, and manufacturers around the world. Our global capabilities allow us to meet the specific needs of our wide range of customers – and customize solutions at both a regional and product level.
Sekisui Diagnostics offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
As an equal opportunity employer, Sekisui Diagnostics is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable country and local laws. It is also Sekisui Diagnostics policy to comply with all applicable country and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Sekisui Diagnostics is pleased to consider all qualified applicants for open roles and encourages candidates to apply online. Only those candidates who are selected for further consideration or interviews will be contacted by a member of the company’s internal recruiting team.